Last modified: [May 24, 2017]
Table of Contents
- Children Under the Age of 13
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- Information You Provide to Us
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Opting out of Collection of your Information for Tracking
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Data Security
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website http://www.investinresults.org and all subdomains thereof (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
· On this Website.
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
· Through our third party service providers, such as our payment processors, when such information is shared with us.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by either of the Partners or any third party; or
· any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website, such as the information collected from our third party service providers not otherwise shared with us.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information, personal or otherwise, to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Nonprofit Finance Fund, 5 Hanover Square 9th Floor, New York, NY 10004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, employer, affiliations with entities, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline or other information you provide to us through the Website (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the dates and times of your site visits, the location of your IP address, and other information provided through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us including through the Website.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, payment processers or other third party websites which collect information about you on our behalf.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services, such as newsletters, commenting on blog posts, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you contact us or report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that you may choose to complete.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information you provide when submitting a Project, Resource, Opportunity, Organization, Event or any other information you provide on the Website.
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit PFS, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To comply with any applicable governmental requirements.
- To share your Project, Resource, Opportunity, Organization, Event or any other information that you submitted.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a successor in interest in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of PFS’s assets, in which personal information held by PFS about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PFS, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
We collect this information:
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (each, a “Post”). Your Posts are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages or provide you with additional privacy options, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your Posts. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Posts will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Opting out of Collection of your Information for Tracking
Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents PFS or its analytics providers from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to your use of the Website. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Website. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at Nonprofit Finance Fund, 5 Hanover Square 9th Floor, New York, NY 10004 or email@example.com. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser or device at this time.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose de-identified and aggregated information about our users without restriction.
We may also disclose your personal information:
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: Nonprofit Finance Fund, 5 Hanover Square 9th Floor, New York, NY 10004.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like Posts. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.