Invest In Results Campaign & Book LaunchSpeakers included: Darren Walker, CEO, Ford Foundation; Andrea Levere, President, CFED; and Terri Ludwig, President & CEO, Enterprise Community Partners. Click here for highlights on attendees.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco and Nonprofit Finance Fund hosted a free event in New York City for the launch of our new book, What Matters: Investing in Results to Build Strong, Vibrant Communities, and the beginning of a national dialogue around outcomes-based funding. Speakers explored how service providers, government, private funders, and others are working together to address entrenched social issues in our communities and focus on long-term solutions. Topics covered included:
- What are outcomes, and how are they measured?
- What innovative funding and financing tools are available to revolutionize our approach to solving big social problems?
- How does current funding make it harder for service providers to offer long-term solutions, and what investments must we make in providers to facilitate this shift?
11:30 – 12:35: REGISTRATION & LUNCH
12:15 – 12:35: WELCOME FROM THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANKS OF NY AND SF
- Anand Marri, Vice President and Head of Outreach and Education, Federal Reserve Bank of NY
- Denise Scott, EVP, Local Initiatives Support Corporation, and Member of the Board of Directors, Federal Reserve Bank of NY
- David Erickson, Director of Community Development, Federal Reserve Bank of SF
12:35 – 1:00: INTRODUCTION FROM NONPROFIT FINANCE FUND
- Jen Talansky, Managing Director of Knowledge & Impact, Nonprofit Finance Fund
- Antony Bugg-Levine, CEO, Nonprofit Finance Fund
1:00 – 1:50: FUNDING AN OUTCOMES WORLD
- Darren Walker, President, Ford Foundation
- Andrew Plepler, Global Head of ESG, Bank of America
- Moderator: Antony Bugg-Levine, CEO, Nonprofit Finance Fund
1:55 – 2:15: BREAK
2:15 – 3:40: TARGETED TALKS
Moderator: Ian Galloway, Director of the Center for Community Development Investments, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- TOWARDS A MORE HUMAN-CENTERED OUTCOME: Terri Ludwig, President and CEO, Enterprise Community Partners
- HOW TO CHANGE THE RULES: Zia Khan, Vice President, Initiatives and Strategy, The Rockefeller Foundation
- EFFORT TO IMPACT: TRANSFORMING A NONPROFIT CULTURE: Muzzy Rosenblatt, President and CEO, BRC
- DATA AS A PUBLIC GOOD: Linda Gibbs, Principle of Social Services, Bloomberg Associates
- SEEDING THE OUTCOMES MOVEMENT: LESSONS FROM THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION & WHAT’S NEXT: Dave Wilkinson, former Director, White House Office of Social Innovation
- CREATING A MARKET THAT VALUES HEALTH: Tyler Norris, Chief Executive, Well Being Trust
3:40 – 3:55: SUMMARY AND CLOSING COMMENTS
- Andrea Levere, President, Prosperity Now