September 12, 2017, 12PM-4:30PM PT
Watch excerpts of talks from our Washington, DC launch event below. If you have any technical problems accessing the recordings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Outcomes Matter
Introduction: Outcomes and Why They Matter
What does it mean, and what does it take, to shift to an outcomes-based world?
- David Erickson, Director of Community Development, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Eric Belsky, Director of Division of Consumer and Community Affairs, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Jen Talansky, Managing Director of Knowledge & Impact, Nonprofit Finance Fund
- Antony Bugg-Levine, CEO, Nonprofit Finance Fund
Results: A North Star for Policymakers
What is government doing to create an environment that helps organizations work towards outcomes, rather than outputs?
- John Bridgeland, former White House Domestic Policy Director
- Michael Nutter, former Mayor of Philadelphia
- Moderator: Michele Jolin, CEO and Co-Founder, Results for America
Creating a Market That Values Health
Tyler Norris discusses the need to increase investment and policy that supports solutions to the social determinants of health in our society and thus improve health outcomes.
- Tyler Norris, Chief Executive, Well Being Trust
Taking the RCT Leap: What It Really Means for Your Nonprofit
What is it really like to undertake a Randomized Controlled Trial (RCT)? The Urban Alliance has undertaken not just one, but two RCTs in recent years that have proven the impact of their work on the lives of young people, which has required great sacrifice but also reaped great rewards.
- Eshauna Smith, CEO, Urban Alliance
Chasing Outcomes: Lessons Learned Across the Health Sector
Lisa Fitzpatrick discusses the need to engage communities, tailor services, incentivize partners, and shift culture within healthcare organizations in order to create true impact.
- Lisa Fitzpatrick, Senior Medical Director, DC Department of Healthcare Finance
New Frontiers in Results-Driven Collaboration Between Government and Service Providers
Why was homelessness in Seattle increasing despite increased spending to reduce it? The Harvard Kennedy School Government Performance Lab worked with the City of Seattle to improve preventative interventions for homeless individuals and families.
- Scott Kleiman, Program Director, Harvard Kennedy School Government Performance Lab
Improving Health Outcomes for Seniors
Sonal Shah moderates a panel with 4 trailblazers in outcomes, all involved in Meals on Wheels’ successful Pay for Success project.
- Dan Hale, Special Advisor to the President, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Stephanie Archer-Smith, Executive Director, Meals on Wheels Central Maryland
- Lucy Theilheimer, Chief Strategy and Impact Officer, Meals on Wheels America
- Janice Benenson, Volunteer, Meals on Wheels Central Maryland
- Moderator: Sonal Shah, Executive Director, Beeck Center for Social Impact & Innovation at Georgetown University
Summary and Closing Comments
Andrea Levere synthesizes the day's conversation and key themes of the book.
- Andrea Levere, President, Prosperity Now