June 13, 2017, 11AM-5PM PT
Watch excerpts of talks from our San Francisco launch event below. If you have any technical problems accessing the recording, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Outcomes Matter
Introduction: Outcomes and Why They Matter
What does it mean, and what does it take, to shift to an outcomes-based world?
- Jen Talansky, Managing Director of Knowledge & Impact, Nonprofit Finance Fund
- Antony Bugg-Levine, CEO, Nonprofit Finance Fund
Funding an Outcomes World
What draws funders to outcomes-based funding, and what are funders doing to create an environment that helps organizations work towards outcomes, rather than outputs?
- Fred Ali, President and CEO, Weingart Foundation
- Fred Blackwell, CEO, The San Francisco Foundation
- Moderator: David Erickson, Director of Community Development, Federal Reserve Bank of SF
Building a Culture of Continuous Improvement from Success to Failure
After years of research, the Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) has proven that their model for reducing recidivism works. Sam Schaeffer shares the twists and curves on CEO’s long and rewarding journey towards an outcomes-based approach.
- Sam Schaeffer, Executive Director and CEO, Center for Employment Opportunities
Mind the Gap: Social Enterprise as Outcomes-Driven Workforce Solution
Carrie McKellogg discusses how outcomes-oriented social enterprises can provide a supported work environment for individuals who have struggled to enter the job market and can create an 'on-ramp' to long-term employment.
- Carrie McKellogg, Chief Program Officer, The Roberts Enterprise Development Fund
Pay for Success: Where We Are and Where We’re Going
NFF’s Jessica LaBarbera moderates a panel with 3 trailblazers in outcomes, all involved in one of California’s first Pay for Success transactions.
- Louis Chicoine, Executive Director, Abode Services
- Saidah Leatutufu, Economic Mobility Director, Hope SF, City of San Francisco
- Kavita Narayan, Deputy County Council, County of Santa Clara
- Moderator: Jessica LaBarbera, VP of Strategic Innovation, Nonprofit Finance Fund
Summary and Closing Comments
Andrea Levere synthesizes the day's conversation and key themes of the book.
- Andrea Levere, President, Prosperity Now